Friday, May 25, 2012

C# is (C++)++

As a follow-up to the previous entry where I wrote about trying to maintain a c++ application for work, I've begun a complete rewrite using C#. And not even a rewrite so much as a reimplementation. I've only been working at it for a few weeks now and already I'm pretty much at feature parity with the old version. I closed 4 bug and feature requests today including handling of caps lock and num lock, resetting window positions and allowing only one running instance using a mutex. Need to figure out how to do a splash/loading screen while waiting for a reply on a socket.